Forum: How Do We Get to Zero Youth Detention in King County?
Didn't make it to the forum? Watch online.
King County’s plans to build a new juvenile justice center with 112 detention cells have drawn opposition from many community members who feel that it perpetuates institutionalized racism and shifts the focus away from eliminating youth detention altogether. The League of Women Voters of Seattle-King County invites you to a free public forum to hear perspectives on all sides of this important issue.
• Terri Stewart (Moderator), Director of the Youth Chaplaincy Coalition
• Dominique Davis, co-founder and CEO of Community Passageways
• Ari Kohn, President, Post-Prison Education Network
• King County Superior Court Judge Laura Inveen
• King County Superior Court Judge Wesley Saint Clair
Thursday, April 6 at 7 p.m.
First Baptist Church, 1111 Harvard Avenue (at Seneca Street), Seattle